New features in 2.1
Here a link to the
"older" feature updates (2.0).
Not too many important changes have been done in the last six
weeks since 2.0 was released. 2.1 is mainly a bugfix release.
Here links to the latest changes (programmers notebook style)
: Done2016.txt - Done2012.txt - Done2010.txt
- Done2009.txt - Done20.txt
- One key rating (send a "rating" comment with
one key - or one function call). (full version)
- NNTP-Moderation - Moderating newsgroups with MyNews -
even binary groups (Proof of concept only) - root-version
- SMTP-Server supports now also '+' subadressing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (great despamming ;-) root-version only!
- A bunch of new default communities is availble.
(Extremely easy express setup)
- Double Posting: Post to an unreliable provider - and fill
your own holes by reposting missing parts to a good
secondary. (full version)
- Overload protection (limiting in- and outgoing
- Crosspost support (Better download of crossposted
- Travellers mode (control your Home-MyNews download from a
hotel) - (full version)
- Memory consumption does no longer happen. Running MyNews
for weeks should be possible properly now.
- Open file problem does no longer happen. Running MyNews
for weeks should be possible now.
- Highest stability ever.
- There is no more 'tiny' version
- There is a 30-day trial version (works as a full version)
- There is the free version
- There is the full version
- There is the root-server version
You old license files (free/full) will still work. No need to
If you dont have a full version, yet: Bad luck. I offered it for
free for two years now.
There is an online site where you can purchase the full
End of document