MyNews - Creating own newsgroups
MyNews allows you to create your own newsgroups:
- Use the guide function "Add newsgroup" for easy
- Type in the name of the group you want to create (It
should start with mynews.) The usage of the naming
convention from the Usenet (hierarchial concept) is
- Tell your friends the name of the new group and ask them
to add it, too.
- Perhaps you want to publish the creation of your new
group in the announce groups:
- Your newsgroup will be available to all MyNews-users who
know of its existance, have created it on their computers
and have access to others.
- Make sure that there is always one MyNews server (with
this group) running all the time to guarantee propagation
of the messages
If you are adding newsgroups from existing Usenet
hierarchies (Big8, country specific, company specific) - then be
sure that they exist!
Adding newsgroups which has not been discussed and
properly created in such managed hierarchies might be considered
rogue - and you might run into a lot of trouble.
Recommended (and non-restricted) groupnames for own
hierarchies should start with:
Some additional remarks:
- If nobody creates (participates) your newsgroup, then you
- If just lurkers create your newsgroup then you have to
entertain them alone!
- Creating a newsgroup is one thing - running it and
keeping it alive is a different job.
- You can also create newsgroups in the 'normal' Usenet
hierarchies - but this not recommended
For example: alt.video.startrek
But as long as this group does not 'officially' exists in
the Usenet it will be distributed only among